Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tarte Must-Haves Set Review

I recently purchased this from Ulta, because I wanted to try some of Tarte's hyped-up products without paying full price for them. Basically, you get an adorable bag and a bunch of products for $35. (I used a coupon though. hehehe)
What they say: "Tarte has created the ULTAmate must-have kit! From lips to lids and everything in between this kit offers 5 of tarte's best-sellers and award-winners stashed in a reusable makeup bag. For high-definition, line eyes with emphasEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in bronze. With the included double-ended brush you can create precisely thin or dramatically thick lines effortlessly. Complete eyes with a coating of lights, camera, lashes! clinically-proven natural mascara - with a 424% increase in lash volume and 90.2% increase in lash curl you'll be certain that all eyes are on you! For a rosy complexion dab on the award-winning natural cheek stain in true love, a radiant sheer red. Slick the vitamin-infused lipgloss in a pretty pink shade for added luster and a healthy dose of antioxidants. Set your makeup in place using the smooth operator Amazonian clay finishing powder with PM20, clinically-proven to decrease the appearance of pores by 20% after just 4 weeks."

Read on after the jump! ;D

Obviously, all of the products included are trial sizes, but they're still pretty big for trial sizes. Since I have a fear of commitment when it comes to makeup, this is great! Plus, I'm cheap. I refuse to pay $30+ per product if I don't know if I like it.
 All righty, let's get this thing going.
1. The Lights, Camera, Action mascara is decent. I hate to put it down, but it just does nothing for me. I have little nothing lashes, so I need a big boost in my mascara. Any suggestions dear readers?
2. The Vitamin Infused Lipgloss is pretty. I like wearing it to work since it's not super opaque. Supposedly, it's infused with antioxidants. Pretty impressive right? Too bad I'll never know if it's true! hahaha
3. The cheek stain in True Love is very dewy and I think it would be great for the beach or days when you dont wear alot of makeup. However, sticky isn't really a great thing for oily skin, so we shall see how it wears over time.
4. The finishing powder claims to decrease the appearance of pores by 20% after 4 weeks. It's too early to verify that, but it works very well as a finishing powder; much better than normal powder actually. The clay is within the powder is super absorbant.
5. THE BAG IS FRIKKIN CUTE. purple and snakeskin? It practically has "Sarah" graffiti-ed on it.
And finally, the main reason why I even bought this set: the liner. (EmphasEYES Amazonian clay waterproof liner in Bronze) I have heard nothing but raves about it. Everyone is saying that it stays all day long, and the color is so amazing, and it cooks me breakfast and cleans my house and.... Okay, so I'm kidding about the last parts. But it is supposed to be a great product. I will be testing it for a week or so, and I will report back. I can tell you now though, it is a gorgeous color! The bronze is vivid without being too yellow.

All in all, I'm really happy with the set. I'll report back with the test results soon my lovelies. :D



2 comments:

  1. I've been eyeing this kit! I've been kind of obsessed with Tarte lately lol. I agree about the mascara, I didn't care for it either. But the eyeliner really does cook me dinner LOL I love that stuff! This bag is reason enough to buy this set.. omg cuteness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am superrrr impressed with the eye liner! The rest of the kit is pretty good, but I think the bag and the liner is what made the kit worth it

    ReplyDelete