Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sinful Colors "Adventure Island" Collection

Today on my way home from work, I stopped at Rite-Aid to pick up a few essentials. Walking by the oh-so-tempting makeup aisle, my little eyes spotted something too good to resist. The pastel, sorbet finishes of Sinful Colors' new "Adventure Island" line.

Yes, I do realize that it is a shameful rip-off of OPI's Pirates of the Caribbean collection. However, Sinful Colors has a nice little price tag of approximately $2 a bottle. WINNER! (<---yeah, that's me.)
Left to Right: Beautiful Girl, Open Seas, Star Fish, and Verbena 


Read on for descriptions and swatches!
-Beautiful Girl: This one is a pretty bright pink! It has a tiny bit of coral in it on my skintone, and it could be a great summer color. I don't think it is a dupe for OPI, but it does remind me of one that I can't remember the name of... Dupe or not, this is very pretty.
-Verbena: a dupe for OPI's Planks A Lot; Super opaque with one coat, once again, the pictures show two out of habit. Verbena is a bright-pastel (is that's possible) purple. I can never pull of purple with my nails, but this looks incredibly wearable.
-Star Fish: This is the color dupe of Sparrow Me the Drama. I really like it as a more neutral color on me. On others, it would run more blue-pink. Either way, it's understated pink could go with just about anything.
very vibrant; two coats of each color. Lto R: Star Fish, Beautiful Girl, Open Seas, Verbena
underneath the crappy fluorescent lights to check tint. I think in an inside setting, you get more of the dusky color.
Overall, I am happy with these polishes. I can't stop looking at my multi-color, makeshift manicure! (Take that, alliteration!) Sinful Colors hasn't particularly made me happy in the past, but this collection has done wonders for my viewpoint on the company. I will definitely be running to Rite-Aid soon to pick up as many other colors as I can in this collection.

So have any of you tried these? Or have you tried the OPI collection? What did you think of the two?

2 comments:

  1. Wow soo pretty colors!
    The pink is so beautiful! Like it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty...love the new line!

    ReplyDelete