Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tutorial: Dry Ice

Today's tutorial is actually based on "Cosmic Love" by Florence and the Machine. (I'll put the video after the jump!) The video is so artistic, and this is what it inspired me to come up with: dark and deep, with glimmers of intense color occasionally, How did I get that from a music video? I don't know, I guess I'm just good like that.
 

Today's eye is monochromatic! It uses all blues, simple shades that almost anyone would have. Feel free to switch shades up if you want to play around with it.
1. Apply primer. Using the left side of the duo, pat HiP Shadow Duo in Showy all over the lid. This is actually an exact dupe for MAC Parrot, which is super expensive now. Then sweep MAC Prized as a highlight underneath the brow.
2. Using a crease brush, apply a deep navy shadow like MAC Russian Blue in the crease. Blend it above as well. There should not be any harsh lines! Now go back with Showy and apply it to the lid again to make sure the metallic tones really jump out.
3. Line your top lid with black liner. Any will do, but I used Avon Glimmersticks in Blackest Black. Then liner the bottom of your eye with a true blue liner, such as Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Deviant. (I love this liner!) Finish off with mascara if you wish.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment