Sunday, September 25, 2011

No. 7 Mineral Lipstick Review

 Boots is a brand that I'm sure most of you have heard of. (For the USA-dwellers who may not know what I'm talking about, check out their website here.) They make No. 7, which is the most successful cosmetics brand in the UK. Anyway, Target sells their products stateside, and I thought I would give them a try. My first product by the company is a peachy nude sheer lipstick in Innocent. This is what the website says about the "No. 7 Mineral Perfecting Lipstick":
 "Long lasting moisture. Contains 100% mineral color pigments and natural pearl, leaving lips soft and smooth. Made with plant-based ingredients, natural oils and waxes. Paraben-free."

So let's break this down.
-long lasting moisture: I feel like this claim is definitely true. I have a problem with chapped lips and this felt more like a lip balm to apply, and stayed for hours.
 
-mineral color pigments and natural pearl: While I can't say that I watched the lipstick being made, I can say that the ingredients are supreme. The color is amazing, a gentle natural color that would suit just about anyone. It also has this sheen to it from the pearl that can't really be captured in pictures.
 
-Finally, one of the best features of the lipstick... no paraben! Parabens are actually preservatives, and have been found to host a wide range of reactions. The effects go from irritating the skin to rosacea (for those with paraben allergies) to a possible link to cancer tumors. It may not be true, but we don't have enough proof that it's not yet.

My feelings on the lipstick are these: I like the consistency and the color. The pearl sheen is absolutely beautiful. I feel like $9 is a bit much for the product though. Definitely hit these up if you can find them on clearance like I did!

1 comment:

  1. I always walk by Boots and I have been very curious. I might have to try this lipstick cause I am always in the market for something similar to MAC slimshines.

    ReplyDelete