Tuesday, September 6, 2011

NARS Fashion Night Out Dupe

Hi everyone! As some of you may know, NARS will be hosting a Fashion Night Out Celebration this Thursday night. (Fashion Night Out is a global after-hours event for the hottest fashion cities in the world, including New York, and my hometown Savannah. There is a full list of participating cities on their website.) NARS has created a exclusive-for-the-night liner and polish for their event.



Via Crispi Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner ($23)
Space Odyssey Nail Polish ($17)
click through to see the more affordable dupes!

These products will be available on the NARS website beginning September 8. I am all about metallics, and silver just does amazing things for my skintone. HOWEVER... I am definitely not coughing up $40 for things that I already have. 
NAIL POLISH DUPE:
Unfortunately, I don't have a swatch for this one, but I googled it and found one here. (I have posted it below). I had this nail polish until my best friend's dog chewed it. :| Stupid dog. Anyways, Orly makes a silver polish as part of their Foil FX Collection, and it is called Shine. I need to buy another bottle of this ASAP, because it is literally my holy grail polish. The silver polish is intense, almost electrically metallic. There are really no undertones to it. Sometime silver has a weird green tint, but this one is just pure silver. I definitely think its worth a shot to try out if you don't want to pay over twenty bucks for a nail polish.
delicious.
Orly polishes range in price, but they are typically about $4 for a mini bottle, and $8 for a full size.

EYELINER DUPE
These next swatches are mine, and I hope all you readers love me for these swatches. It took a whole 24 hours to scrub the liner off of my hand. Not even kidding. (And it just so happens that the bracelet I never take off is silver as well. Talk about a happy accident!) 
The dupe is by L'oreal HiP, and it is called Silver Lightning Color Chrome Eyeliner. I got it at Wal-Mart for about $9.
Normal lighting, left is one swipe and smudged; right is two swipes and let dry
with flash to show intensity of pigment
This liner performs extremely well. Honestly, I feel like it could be a dupe for an Urban Decay 24/7 liner pencil. It smooths on like a cream and sets with no budging. Plus, if you smudge it all over your lid before it dries, it's a beautiful shimmery base. 
~
If you have any questions, let me know. But I would much rather get these two things at $17, then to pay $40 for the same ones, which are exclusive anyway. Once these suckers by NARS are sold out, they are sold out.

2 comments:

  1. Revlon makes a silver polish called "Silver Screen" as well that looks exactly like it!

    ReplyDelete