Sunday, September 25, 2011

Tutorial: Candy Chic

Today called for color! If there's one thing that I love about makeup, it's making a statement. This look used mostly high-end products, but I will list replacements that are applicable. The star product? MAC pigment in Magenta Madness.
The pigments that I used for this look are extremely bright. If you don't have access to MAC pigments, I would suggest looking into the Sleek Makeup Acid palette. (Click here to see what I'm talking about.)
1. Use your choice of base on face. For a bright look like this, I don't like to use a lot of makeup anywhere else on my face. I just stick to tinted moisturizer and a light powder. However, that's totally up to your preferences!

2. Prime your eyelids in Eden Urban Decay Primer Potion. Eden is a matte nude shade, so it won't add any unwanted shimmer to your eye. This look is about color, not glitter! Using a flat eyeshadow brush, pack on MAC Magenta Madness pigment on the eyelid. This pigment is matte, so you will need to layer it on to get the required opacity. If you don't have any pigments this color, check into the Punk Funk E.L.F. Eyeshadow palette. (See here.) It's only a dollar! It's definitely not the same intensity, but I don't really expect it to be since it's cheap.

3. Use a purple shadow on the tearduct and inner corner of your eye. This can be any matte purple. I used the afore-mentioned Sleek palette for this color, but feel free to try other variations.

4. Line your eye thickly with Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Electric. Allow to set for a few seconds. Most people who complain about this liner don't realize that it takes a few seconds for the liner to dry. Once it's set, it won't budge!

5. Use a black mascara lightly on the top lashes. You don't want to take away from the color! Also, you can wear a light nude-to-peachy shade on the lips! Don't overdo your face with pinks or reds. If you go crazy on eye color, keep the lips toned down. I used Boots No. 7 Mineral Perfection Lipstick in Innocent. I will be doing a review on it, so keep your eyes peeled!

 
I should probably clean up my workspace. :P

1 comment:

  1. Hey hey =)
    I think you have to do more looks.I always like the colors you use.Kisses!

    ReplyDelete