Friday, March 16, 2012

A-Town Get Down 2012

my best friend and I
There's an event in Savannah called the A-Town Get Down. It's held every year, and it raises money for charity. Alexander Townsend was a Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) student that was killed a few years ago in a drunk driving incident. Since then, his family has funded this event to celebrate life and art in our area.
The night was full of interviews and cameras... I still am not quite seeing right from the flashes! There was a concert with tons of bands, a tagger (or graffiti artist, as some may say) showing off his skills on a small brick wall, a painter, a print screen clothing designer... and me. I was invited to do makeup on any willing reveler's face, and I can honestly say it was one of the best events I have been attended.
one of the girls I did makeup for
 If you're ever in Savannah, GA this time of year, I would highly suggest stopping by and seeing what all the buzz is about! It was a great night overall, and I look forward to working next year's!
the huge sign next to my booth

the graffiti artist used this wall to demonstrate his talents!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah --

    Thanks so much for the post! We're already on it for next year. If you have any ideas for how we might improve the A-Town Get Down, let me know -- and spread the word for 2013.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete