Friday, October 7, 2011

Tutorial: Acid Sunset

 Today I wanted to play around with my Urban Decay shadow in Freakshow. It's the prettiest dark purple, even if it is starting to crumble a little. :( I also used Urban Decay Peace, Fishnets, and Electric. I have a thing for that company if you can't tell... I recently placed an order with their website and got $245 worth of makeup for $60. I know, I'm a winner. :]


1. For flawless skin, spread a thin layer of De-Slick Mattifying Primer all over the face, avoiding eye areas. I'm actually writing this blog post at the end of the day, and my skin looks amazing. Take that oily skin! Using a stippling brush, buff foundation all over.
2. (You can use the same stippling brush for this step). Buff Jelly Pong Pong Cheek Stain in Fluffy along cheekbones. When I do this, I put it where you would normally put your highlighter.
3. Set with any HD Powder. I use E.L.F., but Makeup Forever and several other brands offer the same thing. Then I use Fyrinnae Matte Fair Bronzer to contour in the hollows of my cheeks. This gives you a sculpted, glowing face.
4. Prime eyes with any matte primer. Apply Freakshow all over lid. Then blend Fishnets in the crease and above. It should give a gradient effect. Line your eyes with 24/7 liner in Electric and set liner with Peace. (If you use a matching shadow to set your liner, it will make it last longer without smudging.)
5. Apply mascara and lipgloss if you like.
 

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! I recently got a bunch of stuff from Urban Decay on sale too. I love getting a good deal!

    ReplyDelete