Thursday, October 13, 2011

Kat Von D Lightning Sheer Gloss Review


I recently purchased the Kat Von D for Sephora Lightning Sheer Lip Gloss. It was on clearance, and I am so glad I did! I picked up the color Party Animal, which is a bright glittery orange in the tube. Now before you get all freaked out, let me just say that it isn't so crazy on your lips. After all, the title does have "sheer" in it.  The gloss isn't as sticky and tacky as a MAC lipglass, but it's not greasy thin either. Over all, it has a good feel to it. The wear time was great. I wore it out and it lasted almost the whole night... but once I started eating, it was all over. :P
This particular color is bright orange with gold microglitter in the tube. However, when on your lips, it mellows out into a mango/coral type color. I'm not one for coral on my lips... ever. But I really liked this, surprisingly. (The first picture below is in normal light. Second is with flash to show glitter.)
 
Overall, this is a great gloss for the sale price. Would I pay the normal price of $18 for it? Heck no. I wouldn't pay the full $18 for any product. haha! On with the swatches.
bare lips.
daylight.
inside lighting.

1 comment: