Friday, August 5, 2011

Hello there, Sailor! Tutorial

Hi there loves! I have been trying to really amp up my portfolio lately, so I have started to do other people's makeup for free just to get experience. Since I am taking a makeup artistry certification course, it really helps out.
Today's model has been my best friend since we were both thirteen. The idea was to create a Marilyn Monroe/pin-up look that would suit her face.

BEFORE:
AFTER:
INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Apply a sheer foundation and powder that matches your skintone. Remember that the focus of this step is to make a clean canvas! The pin up-look requires a flawless background.
2. Apply a primer all over the eyelid. I used Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden, which is a great matte nude. Then, using a flat bristle brush, apply a shimmery white shadow all over the lid and browbone. For this step, I actually use a flat paintbrush with nylon fibers. It works beautifully.
3. Apply a matte white eyeshadow up to the crease. Then use a light smoky brown to buff a contrasting shadow into the crease. Remember that you can be dramatic without using the normal dark colors!
4. Using liquid or gel liner, apply a fun cateye on the top lid. I used MAC Gel Liner in Blacktrack.
5. Apply mascara to the top and lower lashes. Feel free to put on fake lashes if you wish! Also, apply a beauty mark with liquid liner for a fun accent piece. Be sure to put it right inside the smile lines so that it does not smear.
6. Line the lips with a flattering red liner, and then fill in with a coordinating lipstick.
TA-DAH! You're finished!

1 comment: