Friday, April 29, 2011

Urban Decay Black Palette

The Urban Decay Black Palette was only available at Sephora during its original retail run. I believe you can get it on the Urban Decay website now though. I shelled out a pretty little penny when this palette first came out, because I LOVE smoky eyes and dark colors. (I also have a somewhat obsessive compulsive affection for Urban Decay) All the colors in this palette have a black base, with different colored twists or shimmers. After using it for a few months, I am extremely happy with it. The eyeshadows are way beyond even some of MAC's quality.

This palette comes with 6 eyeshadows (ignoring the eyeliner and primer for right now). All of the shadows have a buttery, smooth feel to them. 5 of them are shimmery, but they do not have bad fallout like another of Urban Decay's shades, Midnight Cowboy. These are the size of a MAC shadow, and I really think the value was great in the end.

-Black Dog is the darkest matte black I have ever seen in my life. It is super intense, and not for the faint of heart. However, I found that it can be blended and smudged fairly easily.
-Barracuda is a deep charcoal gray-black, with silver shimmer.
-Jet is a black based true purple with purple shimmer. It is not as loud as some of the other shades.
-Sabbath is difficult to describe. It's almost navy, but in the right light, it could be more sapphire. It has sapphire and silver shimmer.
-Cobra is probably my favorite from the set. It has a black base, but it is FULL of gold glitter. This shade reminds me of a club or costume jewelry. Definitely could have some fun with this one!
-Last but not least is Libertine. This is a blackened emerald green with green and black-silver shimmer. It is  especially gorgeous with brown or hazel eyes, making any green accents stand out.
taken with flash
taken without flash
I did not use primer for any of these swatches. Would you like me to use primer in the future? I feel like you don't get a true feeling of the shadow's color by using primer to swatch. There may be times when you don't have primer with you! Anyways, before I start rambling, I would just like to say that I am very impressed with this palette. It is beautiful and flexible enough to use with tons of looks. This one definitely makes the grade!

No comments:

Post a Comment